When I first met my husband, he invited me to his yearly family reunion. His mother has a very LARGE family with 3 girls and 5 boys. Each one of them usually brings a desert to the gathering and I was immediately addicted to these cookies his aunt makes every year.
These cookies are AMAZING and have all of my favorite flavors of chocolate, cookie dough and nuts. I literally walk by the desert table 50 times grabbing one of these cookies because they are so addicting. I promise when you make these, everyone will LOVE them!
PEANUT SITTING PRETTIES
Total Time: 1 Hr 14 Min – Yield 48 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups, Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup, Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons, Vanilla
- 3 Cups, Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon, Salt
- Finely Chopped Nuts
- 1 (8 oz) can Vanilla Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting
- Bag M&M Peanut Candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend butter and sugar in a bowl. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla. Sift flour and salt into bowl; mix well. Chill 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Dip into slightly beaten egg whites. Roll in chopped nuts. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes.
- Press thumb into center of each. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until done. Then let cool.
- Fill with frosting and top with M&M candies.
I bought some honey goat cheese and was in search of something easy but yummy to make with my new ingredient! I found this awesome video from CookingChannel.com featuring ‘Brunch @ Bobby‘ and I am a huge FAN! You have to try out this recipe… if you do not have time to watch the video, print out the recipe below. ENJOY!!
- Total Time:25 min
- Prep:15 min
- Cook:10 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Baguette, sliced lengthwise*
- Olive oil, to brush
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 1 cup micro arugula
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Fresh chervil leaves, to garnish
- *Cook’s Note: Not the super skinny kind of baguette
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill pan and broiler.
Brush the halved baguette with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put the bread onto a hot grill pan and grill cut-side down over high heat. Remove the grilled bread and spread the top of the bread with the goat cheese. Place the bread under the broiler and broil until the cheese is lightly golden brown. Top each slice of bread with a few slices of tomato and a poached egg. Cook’s Note: Break the yolks on the sandwich.
Put the micro arugula in a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons vinaigrette and season with salt and black pepper. Top each egg with some of the greens and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, until emulsified. Whisk in the honey and black pepper.
Do you need some fun activities to keep the kids busy after school or on the weekend?!? Check out these fun recipes and travel guide the kidos can partake in!
Courtesy of Dreamworks
Courtesy of Dreamworks
In Theaters March 7th!