When I first met my husband, he invited me to his yearly family reunion. His mother has a very LARGE family with 3 girls and 5 boys. Each one of them usually brings a desert to the gathering and I was immediately addicted to these cookies his aunt makes every year.
These cookies are AMAZING and have all of my favorite flavors of chocolate, cookie dough and nuts. I literally walk by the desert table 50 times grabbing one of these cookies because they are so addicting. I promise when you make these, everyone will LOVE them!
PEANUT SITTING PRETTIES
Total Time: 1 Hr 14 Min – Yield 48 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups, Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup, Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons, Vanilla
- 3 Cups, Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon, Salt
- Finely Chopped Nuts
- 1 (8 oz) can Vanilla Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting
- Bag M&M Peanut Candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend butter and sugar in a bowl. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla. Sift flour and salt into bowl; mix well. Chill 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Dip into slightly beaten egg whites. Roll in chopped nuts. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes.
- Press thumb into center of each. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until done. Then let cool.
- Fill with frosting and top with M&M candies.
I bought some honey goat cheese and was in search of something easy but yummy to make with my new ingredient! I found this awesome video from CookingChannel.com featuring ‘Brunch @ Bobby‘ and I am a huge FAN! You have to try out this recipe… if you do not have time to watch the video, print out the recipe below. ENJOY!!
- Total Time:25 min
- Prep:15 min
- Cook:10 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Baguette, sliced lengthwise*
- Olive oil, to brush
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 1 cup micro arugula
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Fresh chervil leaves, to garnish
- *Cook’s Note: Not the super skinny kind of baguette
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill pan and broiler.
Brush the halved baguette with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put the bread onto a hot grill pan and grill cut-side down over high heat. Remove the grilled bread and spread the top of the bread with the goat cheese. Place the bread under the broiler and broil until the cheese is lightly golden brown. Top each slice of bread with a few slices of tomato and a poached egg. Cook’s Note: Break the yolks on the sandwich.
Put the micro arugula in a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons vinaigrette and season with salt and black pepper. Top each egg with some of the greens and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, until emulsified. Whisk in the honey and black pepper.
I am a wife and mom of 3… always looking for something quick and easy to fix in the morning. Holding a baby, trying to dress my 8 yr old for school and waking up my oldest for college doesn’t leave me much time for breakfast which usually ends up throwing some pop-tarts in the toaster.
I found this recipe through Jillian Michaels that you can change-up to fit your tastes. I made it healthy for my family because my husband is a big gym head! You can also sneak in some vegetables in get some greens into your kids bodies. I actually premixed this the night before and stuck it in the fridge. Threw them in the oven and they cooked in 30 min. We also had a few left over that were just as great the next day. So super EASY!!!!!
Try it out and let me know what you think or if you did a different variation that ROCKED!!!
Broccoli and Cheese Crustless Quiche
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 4 egg whites, beaten
– 1/2 cup sour cream, reduced-fat
– 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese, low-fat
– 5 oz frozen broccoli, drained, chopped
– 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
– Pre heat oven to 350.
– Coat mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray.
– Combine all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
– Pour into muffin pan to the top. (Will puff up but will go down when you take them out.)
– Put muffin pan on the center rack. Cook for 25-30 min (till tops are golden).
– Eat! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 212 – Fat 11g – Carbohydrates: 6g
***Note: You can make this completely healthy by using only egg whites, fat-free sour cream, fat-free cheddar cheese.