When I first met my husband, he invited me to his yearly family reunion. His mother has a very LARGE family with 3 girls and 5 boys. Each one of them usually brings a desert to the gathering and I was immediately addicted to these cookies his aunt makes every year.
These cookies are AMAZING and have all of my favorite flavors of chocolate, cookie dough and nuts. I literally walk by the desert table 50 times grabbing one of these cookies because they are so addicting. I promise when you make these, everyone will LOVE them!
PEANUT SITTING PRETTIES
Total Time: 1 Hr 14 Min – Yield 48 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups, Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup, Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons, Vanilla
- 3 Cups, Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon, Salt
- Finely Chopped Nuts
- 1 (8 oz) can Vanilla Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting
- Bag M&M Peanut Candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend butter and sugar in a bowl. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla. Sift flour and salt into bowl; mix well. Chill 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Dip into slightly beaten egg whites. Roll in chopped nuts. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes.
- Press thumb into center of each. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until done. Then let cool.
- Fill with frosting and top with M&M candies.